Sunday, September 8, 2019

Scrappy Little Nobody: Anna Kendrick

scrappy little nobody anna kendrick
I'll be the first to admit I'm not usually a fan of non-fiction. But I'm trying to challenge myself to read a few this year, and Anna Kendrick seemed like a fun place to start.

I'm not a huge fan of mainstream movies, so I only knew Anna from the Pitch Perfect series, and Trolls. Apparently, I've missed out on a lot! Anna has been involved in acting through the theater and movies since she was 12 years old, and I thought this book was a great read.

In Scrappy Little Nobody, Anna walks us through her early days of elementary school and trying out for theater in Chicago. She laments her first theater gig and days of old at camps and various jobs. I thought her honesty in how hard it is to really make it in the movie star world was both raw and encouraging. Anna is not one to take herself too seriously and I think that is what makes her a relatable and likable celebrity.

A fan or not, if you are looking for some good stories and laughs Scrappy Little Nobody is one you should pick up.